Thread: It's Friday!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
starcco

It's Friday!

Hello all,

I am kinda new. I have made one or two posts in the past, and have returned for some sensibility. I am about to leave work, and am already anxious about it because it is the start of the weekend and I don't want to drink, but I do, but I shouldn't. I am a "Weekend" drinker and I usually sooo look forward to today because I know I get to freely drink to my heart's content....

I will likely go home, gather the family, and go to dinner with my wife and two kids. I'll have a drink or two at dinner, then come home and finish off.

...then regret it the next day, and continue to drink tomorrow to get over the tiredness and pain. Come Sunday, same pattern, but I shut down the drinking around 8:30 or so to try to be functional at work. The lingering effects however make me irritable, depressed, unproductive, and anxious at work on Monday.

Let's say I miraculously get through tonight in good shape, the craving will be that much stronger tomorrow, since I did not give in tonight.

I just don't know what else to do tonight. Does anyone have suggestions? What do normal people do Friday and Saturday nights?

Enjoy your weekend!