View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thomas11

I'm losing my patience.

Hello everyone, I am reaching my limit in terms of how much longer I can "take it easy" and "not overdo it" regarding my injuries/surgery. I feel they are babying me too much and this is dragging on. Being A former athlete I know the difference between good pain and bad pain and in the past I have trained through injuries etc...millions of people have done it. So at home, I am pushing myself beyond what they are doing with me in therapy. This is primarily in terms of getting my range of motion back, and strength in my knees and legs. I've ditched everything but my braces and unlocked them as well. I walk as much as I can tolerate. Why am I telling you this? I need and want to get back to work with the guys. And I want to get to that point sooner rather than later.
This brings a different concern. Drinking. I don't want the weekend warrior in me to return. I've mentioned before that my drinking is based on a reward system. Kick ass all week, deserve to unwind. Drink. Most of the time it is fine, some of the time it is not fine.
So, the purpose of this post is to let everyone know I can't take it much longer so I am pushing myself (and its working by the way) to get back to work. The second purpose is that once I am totally back to normal, will I drink again? Tomorrow is 46 days, not a drop.