View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
IOAA2

Originally Posted by isabelles View Post

I come from a proud line of functioning alcoholics. We are all intelligent, well spoken, some a bit artsy, all sportive , all outdoorsey persons. We all drink like sailors and then some.
1 bottle of wine per person is nothing.... although I guess I am now hitting hard liquor a lot and seem to manage fine. I cant believe I drank a BOTTLE of bacardi on my own yesterday and feel only slighty hungover. Not good. I think my liver hurts a bit , I feel something on my right side today.

Tomorrow will get tricky....

Lets see. It does not feel healthy anymore really so.... I will have to just grow some personality and stop
Its already after noon, today will pass fast

Hi and thanks for your post.
Many of us while drinking don’t know what we don’t know and it can destroy us mentally and physically.
Alcohol is not a health drink and in the sensitive hands of an alcoholic just takes and takes until we are empty miserable shells.

Your explanation of your family roots is a common “makes me proud feeling” which makes recovery difficult because it makes us dishonest with ourself regarding our drinking and keeps the door closed regarding our inability to drink in safety.

Try reading the posts on this site to see the misery of continued drinking.
Alcoholism is something no one wants as its progressive, powerful, cunning, baffling and incredibly able to change our thinking to continue using alcohol even when we know better.

BE WELL