View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Plath

I made it through the first 24 hours, but that always seems to be the easiest part for me. I'm going to hope and pray that I can go to bed again tonight without drinking alcohol.

I can also identify with a lot that's been said here. Waiting until an "acceptable" hour to start drinking, but then once I start I'll just drink until everything is gone. And yes, usually wine or beer for me as well.

My mom drinks wine and has it in the house, and we're staying with her while we wait on a house we've put an offer on. Not an easy environment to stay sober in, as we're all basically just a bunch of toxic, dysfunctional people crammed into one little house for the time being. My husband has his moments of being a better person, but it's hard when it's 102 degrees outside and no one is at their best. Meh. Oh well. It's high time for me to stop making excuses for my drinking, and own the feelings I'm trying to drown out with alcohol.

Much good energy to everyone, I hope we can all make it for another 24 hours. Even if we're counting the minutes until we fall asleep.