Thread: I'm a newbie
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Orientexpress

Gosh!! Only just saw all these replies, haven't quite figured my way round yet. It's a big site and I still have brain fog!!!
Thank you all so much for the welcome.
I feel lucky, my cravings aren't strong but physically I still feel pretty rubbish. I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of my physical discomfort which I put down to booze maybe something else.
On the plus side though I am eating and sleeping way better and not walking around feeling constantly ashamed of myself and beating myself up for not being able to stop.
I know I have a long long way to go but I cannot remember going this long without alcohol for almost all my adult life.
It is fascinating, and terrifying at the same time.
This site is a great support, as I am very isolated atm, seems many of us become that way after drinking for a long time. Pursuing our poison alone, as at least we don't get into conflicts with others alone.
For years I was lonely but this last year I have started to enjoy my own company and ease up on myself. Being kinder and prioritising self care was what got me to the point of stopping drinking. I finally believed I was worth it.Hope I can carry on believing that.