Thread: Struggling....
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lilro

JKSGRL. I am pretty much going through the same....Lexie is correct, it only prolongs not only the pain but your own recovery. I foolishly answered his call after not hearing his voice in a month just the other day, I was hoping to hear that he was in fact working a program, any program...instead what I got was the "I love you, I miss you, I understand why you left but I can't stop drinking, I even drink more now because I have lost you" UGH!!!!!!!! Seriously???? Ok....whatever. My answering the phone was a BIG MISTAKE. It definitely just brought me back to square one in my own recovery.
I know it's hard, but honestly now I'm just pissed again. I am sure you have already explained it to him more than once. It doesn't really matter, it's like talking to a two year old although a two year old would probably "get it". No point in beating a dead horse...he's not / doesn't want to listen. Go on with your life, seek therapy, go hit up some Al-anon meetings....get on with it. If it was meant to be, it will.......hang in there.....NO LETTERS!!! Big Hug to you!!!