Thread: Afraid
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by Timetoheal12 View Post
I was asked out recently why a guy who was attractive to me. By far I know he is a bit cocky, lazy (not as lazy as my ex, but still) and likes to drink to have fun (again: not as much as my ex, but still).
I also get the vibe that he feels like a womanizer, but I am not sure about that one as I don't know any of his exes yet.

Suddenly, my attraction towards him is disappearing... Is this normal? Am I overreacting to these "qualities" that remind me of exabf?
Should I give it a try? (By a "try" I mean, going out with this guy and get to know him some more).
No, I think you are developing some good instincts about guys who are probably bad news. You don't "owe" ANYONE a "chance"--remember that. If your attraction for him is fading, there's a good reason for that.

I mean, really, THINK about it. Why would you EVER try to "get over" the fact that you aren't attracted to someone for the sake of giving him a chance? There will be decent guys you WILL be attracted to, and if you're tied up with some loser you feel sorry for, you will miss out on those relationships.