View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Adnamaeel

Rocks, I think it's wise to continue with the meds you are on until you find a new Dr. It seems terribly irresponsible of your university to have done away with psyche services. If you liked the person you were seeing through them, you might be able to see him/her as a private patient.
Freein, I hope you have a good visit with your parents today. I'm sure your attentiveness really means a lot to them.
Mariah, I hope you had a wonderful time camping this weekend, and that it felt good to escape the heat.
Solitary, I'm glad things are starting to look up again, and even more so that you now recognize that your lows are temporary. You have come so very far over the last year or so.
Obo, I don't know what Pommy means, but I hope you have fun with your relatives, convict jokes and cultural slurs aside. I bet they are thrilled at the prospect of meeting Anna.
Up, how's your weekend going? I hope you got to enjoy some fireworks last night.
Hi to Dee and Soberwolf, and to anyone else who reads this.
I'm happy to report that my town did not burn to the ground last night, the fireworks ban was successful, the licensed professional displays still took place, and people still had fun.
We had a 4.2 earthquake yesterday morning while I was setting up my booth at the market. I didn't notice it, my booth always shakes while I'm setting up, but everyone I talked to who was indoors when it happened felt it. I had a pretty successful day down there, but the best part was seeing someone wearing a piece I made almost 30 years ago. I like the thought of my work standing up to time, and it feels really good to see examples of it.
After I got home I turned on the pay per view broadcast of the second to last Grateful Dead show ever, and was feeling nostalgic and kind of sad watching it. It was really bumming me out that I couldn't pull off going to Chicago for the shows, and that they mark the end of something that was so pivotal in my life. I was thinking about how this ending felt like the final nail in the coffin of my youth when a friend called to see if I wanted to go out to the site of the hippie fair I'm involved with to see the broadcast in one of the barns out there, so we went. It was so much fun that I'm going back tonight for the final show. Getting to see it in a barn in the woods with lots of space to dance now seems far better than seeing it in a stadium with 80,000 people in assigned seats in the middle of a massive city. i've never liked shows with assigned seats, and I so dislike massive stadium shows that I stopped going to the really huge ones in 86, so I no longer feel like I'm missing out at all, and I seem to have gotten over mourning my youth.
Have a good day everyone.