View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Vet69

Brain, there are lots of stories about spirits at Gettysburg. In fact I saw a piece about it on The History Channel several years ago. The History Channel is very credible. My memory of it is hazy, but it involved what is now an administrative building I believe for Gettysburg college. At the time of the battle it was used as a field hospital. From my memory the story is that two middle-aged ladies were working late one night and were leaving. Three floors -basement, one and two. They were on two and hit the button for one. Elevator didn't stop at one but continued to B which was an office. However, when the elevator opened what they witnessed was not desks, computers and office stuff but instead a macabre bloody surgical room. Wounded and dead everywhere
The blood soaked surgeon beckoned for them to come in. Screaming, they frantically pushed the elevator button until the door finally shut and went up to the first floor. They hurried to the campus police office. Police went to the building and took the elevator to the basement. When the door opened to the basement, there was nothing but an office. History Channel interviewed the policeman who said that he had known these ladies since he was little and they never lied; but he had no idea what happened. And that's how the story ends - or does it?