Old 07-04-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
LBrain

la - now that's what I call a sticky situation. I hope it all works out alright. I'd be a bit concerned myself. Something doesn't sound right there...

Anyway, another day I did zero miles. Had my blueberries and cheerios with yogurt for bfast. Suddenly I realize I am hungry. Because I spent the entire day so far researching a "trip to maine". I recall five years ago starting in February looking for accommodations in Yellowstone for August.

Mrs thinks, yeah lets just go up and camp in Acadia. NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! The thousand other people who wanted to camp in acadia made reservations months ago...

Looks like I have a place to stay every day except on the 8th. I called a motel in south portland and "Peggy" said they were full and also 90 bucks a night.
Not worrying about it. Camping on some island on casco bay for 3 nites then camping in a motel near bar harbor for a couple nites. Sheeeeeeeet, I found a motel that cost 5 dollars more than a campsite - with a full kitchen ($20 more) and a second floor deck with a gas grill to use. 2 miles from acadia nat park. Not on the water, but a place on the water is triple. Basically a furnished apartment for 85 bucks a nite. Not on the website - special call em and ask a lot of questions deal.
So it looks like I must get the camping gear ready. Not taking kayaks of bikes. Travel lite as possible and rent kayaks on Hermit Island.