View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Your fast food comparison is a good one: far too many people eat far too much fast food. Littering and overconsumption of resources and destructive environmental practices are all external to me, yet I can comment on them, have an opinion on them, even participate in activism about them.

I think that in my life ahead, I may actually see a path where part of my own contribution to life is creating and fostering an example and even inspiration for others to see their lives as cherished and free themselves from dependence on such things... To live and to love more joyously. I don't think it's wrong or dangerous of me to take note of and even offer observation on these things that I see..... Just as many vegans or nutritionists or organic food advocates take note of and offer commentary on the plague of terrible fast food.

One needn't be an alcoholic to benefit from reducing ones priority on alcohol. I think a lot of people fall in that category.

And I find it personally helpful to acknowledge that. Even if I were not an alcoholic.... The fact is my life is richer and more joyful without it. And I do see a lot of people around me whose lives are deeply interwoven with alcohol.

Anyhow, thanks all for your sharing and perspective!