View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
searching peace

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
I don't believe I've ever seen ANYONE advocate this. In fact, I've often seen it said that detachment is not a long-term solution. It's a tool to be used while working on one's own recovery and trying to find the right path and right course of action. For many of us, it takes a while to see the truth of where we are and what we need and want to do. Detachment can give us enough time and space and peace to do that.
I agree that time and space can help some people get a clear vision and understanding of their situation. But I have to respectfully say honeypig, that I have definitely seen some people post things that are not, in my humble opinion, ideas of what a happy and healthy marriage look like when staying married to an A, or promoting leaving an A. This is only my opinion. I believe in marriage. I believe in today's society it is all too easy to get divorced. I think everyone's situation is unique and special to them. A lot of the stories on here are similar, but it is difficult to grasp the entire relationship, hearing one side and in only a few paragraphs. Again, it is only my opinion. And in that very personal opinion, I do think some people are all too quick to judge and tell someone to go no contact, leave or detach from their spouse.