View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
2ndhandrose
under new management

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Thanks guys. 2ndhadrose we have some things in common, I looked at your profile. Also you look great if that little pic is you!
Were you a heavy drinker?

I am glad that bullying is a recognized issue these days because it really does destroy lives. I am so deeply saddened when I read of yet another child who has taken their own life due to being bullied. I wonder too, will the bullies be able to live with themselves after such an outcome?
I just praise goodness sometimes that there was no internet when I was growing up because I really don't think I would have done well with that.
Hi Sleepie! Thank you for the kind compliment

Yes, I did drink heavily. I realize now that I had been moderating the number of nights a week that I allowed myself to drink but on my drinking nights, I drank until I was pretty much obliterated.

Once I had my first drink there was no stopping until I was ready to pass out. And I was always able to keep up with the hardest drinker in the room, sad to say.

I dread every time I see another news story about bullying. And, like you, I am so thankful the internet didn't exist when I was going through it because I am not sure that I would have survived it.

I sure am happy that we both have made our way here to SR!