View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

Those same thoughts used to open the flood gates with me, a few drinks would be a bottle of my liquor of choice, and then when I had planned to enjoy something the next day I'd ruin that enjoyment by having a pounding hangover to deal with the next morning that would stretch into the afternoon.

. . . and then what? one night would spiral into a few weekdays the following week because of course the sun was still shinning and sure it's summer and isn't everyone doing the same thing? which would lead back to as bad as ever drinking every night of the week for weeks before finding myself back at square one knowing I really need to quit, again, and regretting those few drinks a few weeks ago all because the sun was shinning and it was a holiday weekend!!

Don't do it, don't throw away all the good work based on the fairytales alcohol is selling, the idea of missing out on something, the thoughts of your life is not complete without that drink, don't give alcohol such an importance, it is not the centre of the universe that it claims to be!!