Thread: Authenticity V
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post

Courage, sorry you're down about the grant being declined. It's been awhile (like 25+ years ago) since I've felt that particular angst. We take it personally of course. And if we don't, well, we should have, lol. Better to have dreams and respective feelings bruised then not have dreams at all.
thanks Rob -- just one more minute of it being all about me -- I'm actually pretty bothered about this, for a lot of reasons -- I've submitted 4 grant proposals now in the last 3 months with at least 1 more upcoming and it's been exhausting and has taken me far outside my comfort zone, and I'm low on recuperative power. The fact that I know that I can't adequately express my fairly minor dismay on this occasion makes me realize freshly how much you & Melissa are going through, and that your words here, though so authentic, don't capture even a fraction of it.

Having had the rejection last night, today I'm going to read the reviews & send them to my co-investigators, and note down a few ideas for a possible resubmission in 9 months. I have to remember that I hadn't even intended to file this proposal in 2015, that I was encouraged by the funding source, and that I'd tried at the time not to get my hopes up but to consider it a chance for feedback. Metacognitively, I'm amazed that I'm able to think and behave appropriately about a whole process that was unthinkable for me a few years ago.

OK, no more of my nonsense. I'm glad you're enjoying sunshine Rob, and look forward to everyone's posts here today!