Thread: Authenticity V
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hey friends!! Its totally sunny here and into the 80F's through the weekend!! AWESOME!!

Courage, sorry you're down about the grant being declined. It's been awhile (like 25+ years ago) since I've felt that particular angst. We take it personally of course. And if we don't, well, we should have, lol. Better to have dreams and respective feelings bruised then not have dreams at all. Good to see you're already working things out enough to know you'll have other "distractions" too. I know about the (apparent) wasting of wits too... nonetheless, we both know there are layers of gratitude nestled in between all the efforts to make a difference and to mark a career. Gratitude for being of real service to others and making a difference in their lives. These kind of personal bests rarely receive official accolades. That's okay. You've created important lasting positive differences in the lives of many during the years of your career, my friend. I hope you take a moment now and again, allowing a few smiles of personal satisfaction to linger.

Hi haennie. I always looked forward to being uncomfortable in my therapy sessions. In fact, when I became reasonably comfortable in back to back sessions, this flagged the ending of my sessions, for me anyways therapy has to be more then my therapist cheering me on. If we are not working me like a machine, then I'd rather be elsewhere. Nothing worse for me then a session that has me feeling comfortable throughout the session. Is that weird? How do others feel?

I'm glad you're saying you're getting into it no matter what. Awesome! I have confidence in you haennie.

Hi SoberLeigh, Gilmer, Wolfie, Amy, and D.

Hey ArtFriend! 91 years old? Wow. Glad to hear her prognosis is positive. Yeah, as you are saying, life is not without struggles of one kind or another, I'm totally in agreement with that motto. And then some!

Thanks fini for the way you look at things with respect to love and responsibilities. Very supportive for me.

(((Cow))) your wonderful post had Melissa and I in stitches

Hey!! I love all you wonderful people. It's a joy to share with you all, even when some of the shares bring sadness, its still a joy, and I'm a better man for my sharing. I'm totally grateful I started these threads.