Thread: Authenticity V
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Courage, I'm very sorry about the grant... the joys of academia, right? Needless to say, I feel for you in regards to this, what sometimes appears like a rats race and can cut into our sense of competency and self-esteem. I know that you know as well rationally that it's not like that, and that the system is very biased in many ways, but still, it's not a nice experience. I need to think about grants this year again also... one of ours is coming up for renewal this fall, and I'm working on a new one, too. Lots of anxiety. I hope you feel better today.

I have a therapy appointment this morning that I'm a bit nervous about... which is kinda unusual for me (to be nervous about these sessions). I want to discuss something, and bringing it up makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable, which is already meaningful on its own. It's not discussing / dissecting it that causes anxiety (I think), I am certain I'll love to do that... but bringing it up in the first place. And it's very far from some of my many disturbing and at times even gruesome topics... so we'll see what causes the discomfort exactly. I'm quite unsure but I'm getting into it no matter what.

Have a good day Robby, Melissa, and friends