View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Spacegoat

Hey Sleepie. I am sorry to hear that. It does sound a bit mean what you described and young people especially can be very insensitive. Some great responses in your thread here I must say. I agree with what Scott said initially, he was quite on the money in that we all come from a different set of circumstances and have our own crosses to bear. No matter where we stand there will always be others both more and less fortunate than ourselves at any point in time, so the only thing that's important really is what lie's ahead of us (it took me a very long time to understand and begin to accept this for myself, but I am getting there now).

It remind's me of the Alan Watts dude with his what I believe are Buddhist idea's, such as 'explaining things by the past are really a refusal to explain them at all' and 'like the wake of a ship fades out in the distance, if you look to the past for an explanation you will never find it there'. I must say that as far as quips go, those are helpful ones IMO (and he was awesome at that as an aside). Of course he or anyone else never said that we shouldn't examine our past. With a view to understanding, accepting and resolving what has caused us pain I guess, and I know that's what you are doing here now so I am all for it. I've been doing a lot of the same myself and it has proven beneficial towards my progress. Just my little contribution for what it's worth. Hope you are well Sleepie, best regards.