View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Nice thread

For me, in sum, this year so far has undoubtedly been the best few months in several years. I got sober in Jan 2014, and the first year was defined by plenty of insecurities, doubts, often overreacting to challenges, being somewhat uncertain and indecisive as to where I wanted to take my life... but now is a quite different reality. This does not mean I don't have challenges and stressful/sad things happening in my life, it means that I am handling them far better, and also initiated a few new explorations and experiences that make me happy and fulfilled even when they are not always easy to handle. I also very much like that I am now more able and willing to dive into experiences and states emotionally than earlier in my life, in a few ways. I feel much calmer, focused, and motivated compared with the many years prior. So I will say so far it's been a great year for me full of meaningful experiences and challenges. I still struggle with anxiety off and on, but it's far, far more manageable than probably anytime before in my life. Oh, btw I also don't do new years resolutions, much prefer to define and set goals in the context where they belong

Thanks for starting this thread, Marcher -- so how about you?