View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Kimmieh

I also want to brag about how far I have come compared to previous break-ups and relationship issues (a list for myself):

- I did not ask who she is or how they met. I do not have any desire to know anything about her (this is baffling to me)
- I am not obsessing about whether or not she is younger or prettier or about the reasons he might be with her (usually I would torture myself with this and my insecurities would eat me up)
- I defriended him on Facebook right when he told me, firstly because I felt like he has no right to access to my life in any shape or form, but also to keep myself safe (eventually I will ask him or have someone ask him to take down my pictures - I don't want to be part of a "look at my great love life" image building on facebook, but for now it's not a priority)
- I do not constantly check other online activity
- When he told me, I did not cry, scream or otherwise lose control. I was obviously angry, but after I said what I had to say, I left
- I did not respond to his email. I wrote a response for myself, but did not send it. I went full-blown no contact, which I intend to keep up until I feel safely over him (by which point I won't care anymore). I have to admit, the no contact is also a bit of revenge because I know he misses me and he said repeatedly he wants to be in touch. But I think I have the right to be a little petty here. It helps keeping it up

So I guess this also shows me that I handle these things far better now than I used to.