View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Kimmieh

Originally Posted by Tentindependent View Post
I don't believe it is trivial. I have been alone for four years after separating from AXH so I can relate. I like being single but I can't deny I have major trust issues. If I'd taken a chance on someone and been treated like that I'd feel really upset and betrayed.
Thank you! I know have a better view of the little things that suggested we did not have that much momentum left, perhaps. If he had told me right away "hey, I met someone, she is local, I think I want to pursue this," it would have hurt, but I think we could have split on good terms. The fact that I had absolutely no idea this was going on and my total and utter trust that he was totally devoted to me is what is so very difficult. Especially since he pursued me.

Originally Posted by changeneeded View Post
Ah, wow, I'm so sorry for you, this is awful news. Just when you got that new job and everything. I would be feeling just like your are, and the bedtime for me probably would have lasted longer.

I am glad he told you so that you can continue to move forward. Maybe you can look at this as being one step closer to what your life will look like once the dust settles. I've always considered things like this exactly that, a step forward. For those six months you were happy, comfortable and loving life. As opposed to what life was like before him.

Now you now what you want in a relationship. Someone like him, to sweep you off your feet and someone you can spoil. Don't disregard the wonderful times you've had together.You deserve to hold those good memories in your heart. Just because it didn't end well, (or because it ended) doesn't mean you can't be thankful for him and what you've learned.

((( hugs))) many of these hugs to you. I hate heartaches, worst thing ever.
Yes, I was thinking today, I was probably meant to have a few weeks to get over it before I move to the next town and start the new job. I try to be rational about this. I already know it was worth it. He made me feel better about myself than I have ever felt and I do believe he was genuinely smitten. I think I can retain feeling this way about myself. But man that was fun...I wonder if there are older and more experienced men out there who can be that much fun.