View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
fluffyflea

If she has a Big Book maybe you would find it helpful to read the chapters To The Wives and The Family Afterwards for yourself.

Also, are you going to Alanon meetings for yourself?

Originally Posted by tommyvet View Post
I'm new to the forum. My RW is in her 4th day after rehab for alcohol. She is quite different. More sure of herself. The issue is that since she has been home I don't feel as if I am nearly as important to her than I was before she went. I think my expectations were too high about what life would be like after. She says she has to focus on her sobriety and that God, sobriety, and then me are her priorities. She is more distant to me than she was yet she assures me that "we are ok". She needs her alone time that does not include me. She says she knows she destroyed me with her lies and manipulation and that I need to just focus on my recovery. I did not ask for any of this yet I am the one suffering. I have an al - anon sponsor and have been attending meetings. I just want my pre - alcohol wife back. The person that came back from rehab just does not seem to need me. Will she ever get back to leaning on me for support. Her moods ticks up when she hears from her rehab mates but she does not really smile when she sees me. I don't have that bond she shares with those people. I am committed to supporting her in her recovery. I just don't know how to process all this.