Old 07-01-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Talking Holiday Edition Stay sober Weekender July 4th

Welcome to a special edition of the weekender as America celebrates Independence Day.

If you are actively drinking please make this your Independence Day. You can live sober! You have the power to stop and stay stopped. You don't have to drink again and you never need to change your mind.

Let's get our celebration kicked off with a bang!

What are you doing. Doing nothing is doing something. The early days may require a quiet holiday. Absolutely no shame in that. But share your plans either way and tell us as we head towards a sober Monday.

Me? Well glad you asked! Packing up a small lunch for myself. Charcoal in tow and heading to Two Lights state park for a BBQ on the water. Just me and if I can scrounge anyone up. Gonna go see the fireworks on the Eastern Promenade. Going to my first SMART meeting tomorrow. Sticking close to this winning team of sobrietists!!!!!

*Ring Ring*

What does it mean? In the words of Mecanix...

“The first bell is the bell of mindfulness, calling to me and you.

It says stop what am i doing right now, take some breaths, feel my body, am I holding it tight and tense? Relax… calm down… life is a journey and not a destination, make the journey as glorious as possible.

The second bell is the freedom bell and I'm ringing it for you to let you know freedom from drink and drugs is available to you, come and hear us calling out to you.”

Happy SOBER 4th of July everyone!!!!

K