View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Good morning, Undies. Welcome to site and cauli.

Today is my last day of vacation in Florida. I've had a blast visiting with my sister the past few days. Yeaterday I hung out with a high school friend at his beach condo. Today we are hitting the beach then play 9. Tomorrow back to my reality in PA and a 6 am body pump class.

By far the highlight of my trip was hanging out with a couple SR peeps. We ate oysters, did some yoga, boated, walked, cooked, shopped, played music and toured together. We rocked the sober life.

The AA meeting I attended yesterday spoke directly to that point. It says in tge Big Book that we are not a glum lot...so true. Since getting sober about 25 months ago I have found joy and happiness....and, oh yeah...freedom. just like Denzel Washington says from prison in the final scene of tge movie"Flight" ...here I am telling my story in prison and I never felt so free.

On the relapse front...my last two relapses lasted 8 months each...plenty of tine to find new lows. Tge strange thing was that I was 16 and 13 months sober when I drank. Both of those days I woke up with the sane conviction to sobriety I had tge previous day...zero thoughts of drinking that day....but I did!

Alcohol is cunning, baffling and powerful and I caved. Today I have a stronger toolbox thanks to the fellowship of AA and when a strong craving hits, I have many tools to help fend it off.

I am not suggesting that AA is the only way to get or stay sober...it is simply my way. I can only offer my own experience, strength and hope.

Sorry for any typos or mistakes. ..posted via my phone. Anyway, enjoy this gift of sobriety we have given ourselves today!

Carlos