View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mango blast

Thank you! I really appreciate it and am feeling less lonely.

My neck pain is less this morning; now the lower back is worse. I've been meditating to relax. Back to the big ice pack and all the other things I've been instructed to do. They are helping.

I went to both the chiropractor and my other doctor last Friday. I'm sorry about the poor wording! Went to chiro again yesterday; another appointment this morning... fourth appt this Thursday. Three per week for three weeks.

Went to the hot springs last night, but on my doctor's advice didn't do much warm, mostly cold sessions (like an ice bath) to calm down the inflammation.

I've been asking others to do even light lifting for me. Reaching out. Connecting. But what I think is connecting a lot with others is maybe minimal. I really appreciate the suggestions and am open/ looking to what else I can do in these areas.

I keep thinking I HAVE to be at my job. It's my third summer there, I know how things go, no one else is available, I need the income, etc.

How limiting that is that MY plan is the only one that will work! What I can't take care of, God can. Time to let go of how I think things should be and let God have this.

God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

I've been focused too much on what I can't do. Time to get out my journal and list the many things I can do. I can breath, pray, go to the library for a good book to read, eat well.

And then there's this selfish me thing going on in my head, while someone in our family has started hospice care and has very little time left! I visited her last Thursday and wanted to yesterday, but wasn't able to. She's in another city and I don't know when I'll be able to see her again or how she'll be doing then. Time to make peace with this, and to let God guide me on what I can and cannot do.