View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Day 53 is starting to wind down here, so I'll do my nightly check-in.

Good day off here. I needed some time to myself and that's just what I did. Did a little shopping that needed done, though I decided against buying a video game system like I'd talked about this morning. Might still do it but not yet. I've got plenty of entertainment options already. I should spend that video game time going to a meeting or volunteering or working another shift at work.

Cooked a nice dinner. And I just did something I've been meaning to do for a long, long time now. One of my best friends has been in prison for a couple of years on drug and theft charges. He's a good, smart man who let his addiction get the best of him. I've been meaning to write him for a long time now and finally sent him an email tonight. Of course the Texas Department of Criminal Justice website says he's been approved for parole release in July so he might not even get the email if that release is July 1 or 2 or sometime very soon. But despite his issues, I truly love this man and hope this is his wake-up call and that we can be friends in recovery.

Cissy -- I'm sure the dog will survive one more day of a hot dog diet. I had a German Shepherd years ago who would not go anywhere near a hot dog. She'd eat almost anything else but thought those were poison. Probably smart of her...haha...

nmd -- congrats on making it thru the day. I'm going to do my part on keeping this class thread going as long as possible. Though I will say that since this class has been withering on the vines a little, I've been spending a lot more time on my old July 2013 thread and some time on the One Year & Under thread here as well. Lot of great support to be found in both of those threads. And of course I am still very active in the Newcomers Forum as well. But this is still my home group and always will be.