View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kimmieh

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Yeah, Kimmea......those of us who have been there do understand, I think...

Listen.....the first 6months of a new "romance" is accompanied by an AVALANCH of the feel good hormones. It literally is a "drug induced d high" in many ways. The closest you will ever get to being high on drugs....lol! It is fantastic--and Mother Nature has it planned like this to insure the propagation of the species....etc. Hopeworks speaks well on this subject.....from the biologic side of things.....(You might want to talk to her).
To have the drugs suddenly removed (via the curt break-up)....literally throws you into emotional withdrawl........
Which hurts unlike anything else....... (again, part of Mother Nature's plan).

Regardless of the circumstances...all break-ups hurt (if you were emotionally invested).

Get back into the social scene as soon as y ou possibly can----that will do a lot to put this caper into the category of romantic misadventures of your past life......lol!!

dandylion
Evil, isn't??

Thank you. I am trying. The timing was very bad, but then I guess it's never good. I have been making a list of things that bothered me about him. There are lots of things that suggest eventually we would have parted (mostly with regards to life goals). But I miss the fun. We had so much fun. He made me laugh and he made me feel great. I miss that so much. I actually know that there were limits with regards to depth, but we were just amazingly funny and charming together. Part of me wish we had just been friends.

I do know that I come out of this a more confident person because he brought out a side of me that was buried during my 6 years with an alcoholic bf and I like this side. I liked the me in an easy and comfortable and stress-free relationship. So maybe this was the practice run to realize again who I am when I am not a co-dependent mess. To know before I meet a better match. One day at a time.