View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sasha4

Mate - you will not meet life long friends in bars or pubs I am sad to say.
You certainly will not meet mates smoking drugs.

It probably does not feel like it at the moment, but there is a whole world out there that does not revolve around alcohol and drugs.

I have a friend who is my age (41) and he turned his daughters life support machine off about a year ago.
She was 5 years old.
She had profound disabilities and was in a wheel chair. She contacted an infection most kids and adults could fight.
However because of her condition she couldn't fight it, was left with injuries and brain damage not were not compatible with life.
One thing she loved was to visit a local donkey sanctuary to ride the animals and help look after them.

He was lost.
He hurt.
He is now a chief fundraiser and advisor to the charity.
He helps organise fund raising activities.
He has cleaned out the donkeys.
He has done charity bag packing at supermarkets.
He has done fun runs.
He has raised the profile of the charity so it is more visible to the public and the amazing work it does.

He has also channelled his grief and worked through his anger. Made new friends. Supported others. Kept himself busy when he could of gone of the rails.

You could do this with a project you are interested in.

It has made me feel more humble and very grateful for the life I have in times when I think I have it bad and would like to drink myself silly.

Thats why I don't think pubs, clubs and bars are probably the right environment for you now, especially not to meet people and socially interact.

There are other ways.
There are better ways.

I wish you the best xx