View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TheSereneTheif

Need Some Help With Strategies

Some people have told me to ask about getting a plan together, which after recovering from the initial hangover, would be good. Maybe this will help me feel more conviction.

Getting through this next week, will be the toughest. Specifically, they'll ask me to go out to the bar next Friday. I often make this mistake of going out to the bar, and on Monday decide that I will not go on Friday again. But I go. I always go.

What are some strategies that I can use to keep myself away? I did already tell a friend that I am quitting drinking, so if I tell him that I can't go out that night, he'll likely understand.

I also noticed that there are some online meetings here, so might two or three times of those keep me occupied? I think at least one live meeting this week will help. Because of my weekend, the ability to get around is somewhat limited. I need to connect with people face to face again though. I never did do very well in meetings, because I'm actually incredibly shy in person - but they're valuable still.

If I can get through to Saturday without hitting that bar, I'll know that I at least have some capability left in me. It'll instill a bit of confidence in me again. Can you toss me some ideas? Meditation maybe? How do I imbue this ragged little man with some good work.

Holy **** I'm a broken person.

Thank you. Thank you for letting me ask all of these questions in these threads.