Thread: Authenticity V
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
But, do I have to be this effing damaged? And do I have to know that I'm this damaged?
I'm thinking being "damaged" is in the eye of the beholder and entirely subjective. Over the several years of my sobriety I've morphed from my former damaged self into a more healed self. I'm less damaged now because I've purposely sought out many healing experiences so has to rid myself of my earlier damaging experiences and to become a new person living a new lifestyle.

Suffering from whatever has damaged us eventually can be distilled down to making sweet 'n sour lemonade from whatever experiences are dogging us. Yes, initially suffering must be experienced. Ongoing relentless suffering is more about choosing to suffer in present time rather than being damaged in the past. I've overcome some severe challenges which I indeed had horrific sufferings. I still have measures of suffering, lets be honest, but these sufferings are more about my choices and my responsibilities to my present day.

My past is my past and a permanent remedy for my past is not required. It is what it is today, even if that said past cannot be changed, I can still make differences which negate much of my past sufferings.

Its a brand new day after all y'all.