View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hendrix
Recognising my AV

Scared of upcoming holiday!

or to be more precise - scared of drinking on upcoming holiday!

First off, sorry I haven't posted on here for a while , I only seem to post when I want something! I'll try and rectify that in due course.....

In a few days, me and Mrs Hendrix are off for a week to a Greek island - I've been really comfortable in my own skin of late and felt strong and confident - something that took a right hammering when I was drinking.
Part of me is wondering how I'll be able to enjoy a week in the sun and avoid the temptations of the tavernas and beach bars and part of me is wondering how it would be if I had the odd cold beer while I 'm away as I've earned it....I know where this would lead but I want to go and not hold any resentments for my wife who will, without doubt have a drink at the airport at both ends and oft times in between.....
My AV is telling me already that if she can do it why can't I?
Why do I feel so resentful as if I'm missing out all of a sudden? I don't even like the smell of her wine when she pours a glass now and the craving for alcohol is no longer there - maybe I shouldn't have booked the holiday in the first place..............