View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mackarroni

How do I support?

Hello all.
Its been a while, very long while since my last post here. After many years of holding on, supporting and trying many things, my wife finally decided to join AA. It was her own decision.

We have been married for 10 years and her alcohol abuse goes before that (it progressively got worse over the years).

My challenge is, we have tried so many things, and I feel like every time I have been disappointed. One of her friends, who has been sober for 17 years and still active in AA told her many times that nothing but AA would work.

She is a very private person when it comes to her life and feelings with strangers, so after 3 meetings she is struggling with the meetings. She still goes to them and tells me that she has to go.

I really trying to find the best way to support her without being pushy. I only ask her after she comes back to know how it went, and listen when she makes any comments. I don't her to feel that I am not interested. She asked me if I am OK with her going to all these meetings at night, I told her that I would do whatever it takes. Is that enough?

If anyone out there has experienced this, I would appreciate some words of wisdom and guidance.

Thank you