View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
My problem is these unbelievable cravings! Like someone or something just takes over my body! I can go days or weeks without a drink and then BOOM it's like a monster grabs me and pulls me under. I feel defenseless! It's so scary. ok first, cravings are a b!tch. however nobody died from a craving. and cravings WILL pass. we can make that "easier" on ourselves by using recovery tools. BUT each time we give in, we are writing a script that says "when cravings hit I give myself permission to use". rather than hog your thread, I suggest you read about Flare Up Periods at this link. Flare Up Periods really good info, IMHO, and really helped me when I was quitting crack.
Wow! I just had a time to sit down and read your link on "Flare Up Periods". I have never heard of that but makes total sense! I got a lot out of it. The bottom line....every time I drink I start ALL OVER. :-(

The bad thing...early in the article it talks about having support people around you to watch for signs. Unfortunately, I don't have much of that. My husband works a lot, I'm not gonna ask my kids to so that, I don't have any friends who don't work and don't have much family outside of my house with my husband and kids.

This is why, for ME, it's vital that I attend AA regularly. They may see red flags that I don't. Ya know?