View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
LBrain

well, a cool and rainy day here! I'm okay with that.
TL, sorry to hear of your ongoing discomfort and that you decided to drink over it. Learn some mindfulness techniques for pain management and how to do a body scan. Good stuff - a form of meditation.

I wouldn't use a "scraper" to remove paint from glass. But it sounds like it should work. I use the blades for a utility knife to remove paint. You can wet with vinegar water or just use a glass cleaner. I prefer to leave everything dry and use a NEW blade then use a damp cloth to follow what you scrape. I discovered a technique years ago for painting windows. I don't tape off the glass and I over paint a little. Then I use my razor technique to remove the paint from the glass. I score along the frame using the frame as a guide for a perfectly straight line. Then angle the razor toward the frame. The paint comes off in thin strips and leaves a clean line.
And if paint spatters on the glass, unless you have the proper solvent - usually water - let it dry and remove it later with a blade.

I know nothing of selling or getting a place ready to sell. But if you pay my travel expense I'll come down and paint... Of course the wife wouldn't too pleased because I have so much to do here. In time...