Old 06-27-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
LBrain

Come on over Olive! I just heard some thunder too. Not supposed to go above 70 today with a 24 hour rain forecast. Congratulations to all who got a good night’s sleep. I slept in.

In the early days the dreams can be interesting if not overwhelming at times. Your brain is still adjusting to not having its fix of alcohol. And it’s going to take a little while for it to settle down.
Don’t know why I just thought of this. Think of your brain as a wool sweater you’ve been wearing every day for 10 years straight 24 hours a day. It is stretched out of shape and probable smelly and who knows what else. Then one day you decided to throw it in the washing machine in hot water and then dryer. Then you put that sweater back on and wear it again for another six months – just getting in it is a chore. It’s nearly impossible, but you stuff yourself inside that sweater again. That’s what your brain goes through after many years of excessive drinking and then stopping.

Whew thread moves fast these days – or else I’m just slowing down.

Art, I keep my old 7.99 Mr Coffee in the back of the cupboard for just such an emergency. And I can always break out my camping percolator. Ya’know, that blue speckled thing? Works great. I have a French coffee press I bought several years ago that still has the factory film on it.
Glad everyone is hangover free this morning. Hope BigS gets over his cold before he has to fly north. The cold I picked up in Russia almost three weeks ago is still lingering a little bit. A few reminders that my upstairs plumbing isn’t perfect yet.

Seems Trach is not the tunemeister these days. When I first saw “angiebaby” I thought it said angelbaby.
Learning – don’t worry about telling your life story, especially on a first date. And don’t waste your money on getting your hair done. Just be natural and be yourself. But no need to offer up information. Silence is golden!

Happy Saturday, those of you across the pond might remember this group:

I used to able to sing (mimic) this tune in key. Looooong time ago.
Even tho it isn't angiebaby...

These songs were oldies when I first started hearing music!