View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
katelop

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Hi Kate it's the right thing to do, but it's so hard. My heart goes out to you. I hope that now you're stopping all help except food that she finally realises she has to do this for herself.
Heartless as it seems, you removing that safety net in her mind might be the mental snap she needs to have. It's like she's been counting on someone coming through with money, rehab, whatever so she can keep using just that bit longer.
She is really counting on another enabler to step up and take over. She keeps sending texts and begging for help. I talked w my son tonight, her older brother, who just said the same thing. But ultimately she gets to choose to use or to stop. Right now she is choosing alcohol. I know that I cannot be involved w her when she is using. It's too painful and essentially fruitless. "Nothing changes, if nothing changes" I know that I am the only one I can change. All my love, prayers, begging, enabling has resulted in a big fat zero in terms of her getting sober. I surrender.