Old 06-26-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Lola23

Hi All, hopping on. I can't believe how fast this thread gets to over 5 pages!!
Glad to see everyone here!

Not too much going on for this weekend. I have a meeting on Friday nights that I've gone to a couple of times that I'm planning on for tonight. It's funny b/c its always recommended to me b/c its in a "cool" area downtown and "lots of young people your age!". So I tried it out, and I actually do not love it. Its just way too many people, everyone seems to know each other, and I feel like the weirdo new girl who slinks in the back and doesn't have anyone to talk to while everyone is socializing after the meeting. Just reminds me of high school when I was obviously not one of the cool kids. That all being said, I like the format and I do get something out of the meeting. Plus its a good way to kick off the weekend which is always a bit tougher for me, so I'm going to go anyways.

And on Saturday, one of the girls I met a few weeks ago invited me to a meeting she's leading in a different part of town with a group of ladies, so going to that and dinner either before or after. I know it sounds stupid, but I am so happy about the invite. It will be nice to get out to dinner and socialize, in a very "safe" way.

Ok, off to finish up work for today..