View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
There is absolutely every reason to believe that once you make your mind up, it is made up for good, Zenchaser. I was in a bad romantic relationship a long time ago, and I broke that off for good, not for a month or three. I was DONE. There was nothing left there for me anymore.

If alcohol is like that for you, you can do it for now, for next month, for good. You can make a forever decision about this. I liked the idea of doing it for the present moment - I will never now drink - because it is only in the present moment when we can act, when we have power, when we have control over our actions.

You most certainly can succeed, and I think you will. I believe in you, Zenchaser. Onward!
I like this story about the present moment. I read it from Mooji but I think he learned it elsewhere anyhow here goes.

A young women is walking through the forest of existence on the eve of her wedding day. Her heart is full of joy and anticipation as she plans the final arrangements. Just a few hours to go before she is in the arms of her beloved. She is ablaze with dreams of love, future, and prosperity. Suddenly a hungry lion steps out onto the forest road, and they are face-to-face. They are so close she can feel his rumbling breath. He is salvitating, dripping. She is standing on the razor-edge of existence. Instantly, all her dreams, hopes and aspirations vanish. Even her beloved, the light of her heart, disappears. There is neither future nor past nor self here.

Welcome the lion on your path.