View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
biminiblue

I'm glad Paris was spared. Such a lovely city. Too bad that was not the last war to hit that area.

I've said it before, and I believe it still -

Prayer is the most important thing I do. Full stop.

There was a time just before my first long sobriety of 18 years when I had so many problems and things were such a mess for me. I was pregnant, and I was single and scared. I went to a Crisis Pregnancy place - not knowing it was a Christian organization. I met a counselor who took me completely under her wing, into her family and even offered to let me live with them should it come to that. She was an ex-stripper and had gone through the murder of her husband who was on duty as a police officer. She listened to me without judgment while I tried to come to terms with the pregnancy. I was not all that excited about the religion part but she was kind and helpful so I started reading the Bible. I was still pretty not-sure about God since I am of an age where I was raised with the punishing God, not the kind and loving one.

Anyway...she said, "Well, if you aren't sure, ask for God to show Himself to you."

24 more hours of sobriety, please. 8:53 AM.

Congrats, Altoids and ChickChick