Thread: Afraid to hope
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 10:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Hey Sleepie - I know that feelings, when you feel like 'just what's the point - every time things just turn to sh*t anyway?!' On those days I find that meditating on 'Anyway' can really help ground me...I have shared it before on here, so you may have already seen it, but just in case.

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
(It's apparently found written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta)

Good and bad things always happen. To all people. It'd be a weird old charmed life you were living if it was always easy! It's easy, when things are going badly, to look around and think everyone else is okay and compare your insides with their outsides. If we were to speak to most people we meet who look happy, polished and untainted by lifes' disappointments, we would hear all kinds of sad stuff that we could never guess was happening to them. Not taking the sh*t personally was key for me. It isn't a punishment, it's life. And no, some things are not 'fair', but whenever I think of some of the bleaker stuff that's happened to me in my past, I only have to switch on a news program to be reminded that actually, I escape more of the sh*t that's flying around than I do get hit by it.

Good move with the XBox dance by the way - I miss my XBox (no room in my pretty little dolls-house flat for those kind of moves). Music and dancing is powerful stuff! x