View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jodie77

I'm ashamed to say I fell for it again

It's been several months since I've written as I began the healing process and started to become happy on my own again. If some of you recall my ex ran off to Vegas and married a stranger and left me high and dry after years of being together. I got so much positive and wise advice from all of you stating he's probably "borderline" etc. I got into Coda, was seeing a personal addictions therapist, praying, and happily moving on with my life.

Until now. So he found out I met someone and was moving on and he legit lost it. That was his rock bottom which forced him into a renowned 30 day treatment program to get clean from a daily cocaine and alcohol habit. He said he cried for me every day in rehab and wanted to die because he realized he lost me and all the damage he left in his wake. Meanwhile his Vegas "wife" of a few months was calling and visiting him in rehab while he was sending me countless bouquets of flowers, cards, letters, etc. I didn't respond once.

Fast forward to him getting out a month ago. He dumps the Vegas wife, tells her he only married her bc he was high and made her move out. He said he was still in love with me and needed time to heal. So he began contacting me incessantly, got a tattoo of my name on his chest, sent bible quotes every day, and vowed he's a changed man because he's sober now and found God.

I foolishly and slowly let him creep back into my life as he stared me in the eyes and promised in his sobriety he would never hurt me again. His Vegas fling moved to California and he lost it. Now he has dumped me AGAIN saying he needs time to heal, blames it all on me saying I'm unhealthy for his recovery and is now pursuing he wife after she left and tried to get an annullment.

I'm sure you'll let me have it. But I'm back in a dark place broken and crying again, once again picking up the pieces and he's moving on. I thought things would be different because he was sober.