Old 06-23-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Originally Posted by ChasingJme03 View Post
My future husband knows the extent of my problem but honestly enables me as well. Ie, he will get me more to drink if I am hungover because he hates seeing my detoxing. Its a messed up situation. I can totally see my wedding night being the same.
Hi ChasingJme,

One of the very best memories of my wedding night is the music. The playing was spectacular, exciting and worth every single minute of time. An open bar made for a great party, but I really did not get to spend that much time with friends as each and every one was loaded before the reception was underway.

Keep in mind that you can be an excellent host without offering an open bar or full bar. People just drink more and faster when it is free. You still have a lot of time before the wedding. Maybe you could consider asking your future in-laws to invest in a night with the live band of your choosing and tone down the bar/liquor availability? You would actually be doing your friends and family a favor as there will be far less of the inevitable debauchery, drama and unnecessary pain associated with your wedding day.

From me to you, I recommend visualizing yourself not drinking on your wedding night. If you think it is inevitable that you will not be sober, well then.... There is so much adrenaline and excitement - you seriously do not need to entertain any thoughts of alcohol. From one wife to a future wife - keep alcohol as far away from your developing relationship and friends as possible. The absence of free-flowing alcohol seriously is the greatest wedding present you could give everyone involved.

As the others have suggested, definitely talk to your fiancé about your concerns with the all-inclusive honeymoon. This whole marriage thing is an exciting time. Visualize being present and vow to create and remember as much good stuff as possible. Soak it up!