Old 06-23-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bluehawaii

Help IAM torn my 23 year old is in over her head!

My adult 23 yr old daughter has been a nightmare with her drinking drug use and behaviour.
She has bad anxiety and she also has an eating disorder and ADD.
She lives on her own but currently is staying with us because she says she can't be alone right now.We tough loved her and she is trying to stop and turn her life around .Going to church not going out on weekends.
She has tried to stop drinking etc for 3 weeks and went to a huge family gathering and got drunk.
When we got home she was going to go out with friends and started to walk home at 1 am. We wouldn't let her for fear she was so drunk.She tried to drive home we got keys from her in fight and she bit me.My arm is black and blue and people are asking me what happened.This is not the first time I have been hurt or property damaged.
I called police she spent night in drunk tank.She took cab home we wouldn't get her...she came to church in morning. Remorseful crying etc.
She says she won't drink again but won't go to a meeting cause if her anxiety.
She still hasn't gotten help for her ED.
Her Dad is a recovering alcoholic .
What can I do?
They tell me nothing but IAM confused is there not boundaries ?
Does she have to learn this without me interfering in her process?
I wasn't sure if giving her an ultimatum to attend a meeting or go back home was ok or not.
She had consequences but my other daughters fiancé thinks were crazy for having a birthday dinner two days later and wouldn't even come.
Thinks we're enabling her by being with us as well.
We see she is trying to make changes and he sees we're being hurt.
I am torn.