View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ananda

Two sides to the answer...

On the one hand ... Day one was harder than day two. 5 years off speed it finally wasn't something I thought about at least once a month. Time made a difference.

On the other hand ... It was one simple oops that threw me back into addiction. Weather it was after 2 months or 7 years ... it was really one moment of messed up thinking I wasn't prepared for that put me in a tail spin again.

I do know that I appreciate EVERY day that I have been sober. I don't feel any more or less safe from messing up due to any time I have.

And frankly ... I would rather die drunk than be some of the "sober" people I know. I know that is radical, but it's so much about finding the life that seems correct. The first is step is to be sober, the other steps will help support sobriety.

My mom told me the other day that those who are angry because I can't "guarantee" that I will be sober for ever, just don't get it...

I don't know if she is right, but I do know I will always strive to stay sober and that if I do drink I will strive to start the path again. I will always believe that a winner is a looser who never stops trying.