View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thanks guys. I have every faith my young friend will fight her way back, she has built up a healthy toolkit. I guess I wanted it so bad for her, it hit me too! I feel so for the young ones fighting alcoholism , more so really than drug addiction. I don't mean I care any less for drug addicts, I just mean it is impossible to get away from alcohol in recovery in the way you maybe can with drugs. Alcohol is everywhere and the media make it seem so cool to drink, it's on TV, in books, films, it oils the moving parts of social interaction. And suddenly someone in their 20's with no other health or religious reason, someone who has enjoyed times with alcohol, even knowing their relationship with it is not a healthy one, has to intermingle in society without it, like, forever! yeah, I would not have had it in me to quit back then. So I care extra for those who try because if they can, they get the chance to live the life I drank away.
Mags, I watched an extremely painful clip of a young woman in extreme inebriation and/ or high. It was awful to watch and all I could think was Lord, I hope she gets help before it kills her.

Well just over 24 hours to my run...