Thread: Sponsor issues
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by iflyairplanes1 View Post
Hey family,

I've been struggling lately wondering if I should find a new sponsor. I hear in meetings all of the time people will talk about doing their 5th step and how they really connected with their sponsor by going through their inventories and when I did my 5th step with my sponsor she didn't say anything and I just didn't feel a connection at all. I've been feeling this way for a while--we don't really have much in common and I'm her first sponsee ever so she's figuring out how to do this too. I'm thinking I might want to start working with other women in addition to her to check it out but I don't want to hurt my sponsor's feelings. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Great, you can figure it out together! The first time through the steps might be considered preparatory work, imo - for a lifetime of sobriety. A higher altitude view

In the future as more is revealed another 4 - 5 step can be done (for both of us ).

I always try to remember the program of AA is to cure the spiritual malady that we have. When we do a 3rd step we turn our will and our life over the care of God.......

If I have done that, then God (as I understand Him) has put this person in my life for a reason.

Wonder what it is?????

Talking with other friends in AA is great - but you should consider doing step work with one person or things become convoluted - at least they would for me.

Pray on it and whatever you decide speak to her from the heart. A program of rigorous honesty.........

Keep coming back!