Thread: Drunk at work
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Feren, when I read all this, my first line concern wasn't only about being potentially caught today, but that if you go to work intoxicated again and especially if you get away with it, you are conditioning yourself for more similar incidents in the future. I think it's irresponsible and depending on your work, also dangerous to do it under the influence. And believe me, you won't get away with it all the time. I would also vote for staying home and doing some serious soul searching regarding how you want to proceed with your life.

I went to work intoxicated I think twice years ago, both times on weekends when most people were not around, but I still did stuff in that condition. For me personally, it scared the crap out of me and I never repeated it again. Instead, I did things that were not any better: not showing up at work many many times due to deciding to drink or hangovers. I'm still grateful to whatever fears held me back from drinking before or on the job though, since it's a job that I love and value very highly. I would have been devastated losing it. Just some food for thought.