View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
story74

dealing with their anger

My xah is REALLY angry. I can just feel it every time I see him.

I know there is nothing I can do to make him feel better. I know that his anger towards me is unfair and ridiculous. Basically I feel as though he is delusional and needs to get help. There is so much buried emotion in him...I mean his father abandoned his family and was an alcoholic. He just pushes it down. He has no self esteem. He is so unhappy and so angry. It is sad to see.

Due to having a child together and still having love for him (not wanting to get back love, but just love for him as an old friend/human) I have to see him once a week. He tries super hard to be cordial and kind, but I can just feel it. He is boiling.

Again, there is nothing I can do for him. Sadly for him, I have let go. I am in a really good mental place and am really happy. I have surrounded myself with positive happy people. People who are kind.

How do I let go even further?
What are ways to not even let his anger bother me ...ever?
In a way I'm scared of letting go to the point I forget about him, but I feel I am almost there.
I still have a need to try and help him, although I know better than to act on it.
I want to move on 100%. Unfortunately and sadly, he is a hot mess.
Has anyone ever felt they were at this point of being ready to fully let go, but still holding on a little bit...scared and sad of really saying goodbye to that relationship?

It is his life and his choices, and I have no control of it. I can only control my life ( to a certain extent) and I don't want or need negative energy. But we have a young child together...so I have to see him/deal with him. I just don't want to worry or care anymore that he is mad. That's his deal...not mine. I'm almost there...but not quite...