Thread: Sponsor issues
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
countrygirl2014

I understand completely. I abandoned my first sponsor who I found out is in the program for social reasons and never went beyond step 3. It was a social lesson I was not ready for at 3 months sober. I should have told her it isn't working out and moved on. I just stopped calling her, avoided her eventually she became preoccupied in her own life and her phone was shut off. My biggest fear: hurting her feelings. I don't know what the point of me telling you this is. I guess to tell you my regrets, let her know you don't feel it's working out and find someone that works for you. You come first right now. If you are unhappy with your sponsor you need a better fit. Be selfish with this. Your life and sobriety depend on it. I was very jealous of people with good relationships with their sponsors for the past 8 months. I wanted growth. I wanted someone who would whip my butt into shape. I wanted someone that I could grow with. I prayed on it. I finally found a good fit. I believe a sponsor should be able to let you go with understanding and not hold a resentment. Again, I don't know. I chickened out on my first one. Meditate on this and ask for answers. I wish you luck!

Jennifer