View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Easyrider

Hi everyone, back for good I hope. I've drank everyday bar 1 since I last posted here. The first week I told myself, if I can just drink on the weekends then I will be happy with that. Then continued to drink everyday. This last week, I told my self that really my problem is drinking alone and if I can not drink alone in the house and only drink on special occasions or with friends and family, or holidays, or parties etc. etc! then I will be fine... then continued to drink every day. I never fully understood or accepted the denial aspect of alcoholism. But these last two weeks prove it completely. I was telling myself all kinds of rubbish anything and everything so I could keep on drinking. And so I have came to the same conclusion I have 100s of times before. Yes I am an alcoholic. I want to quit drinking. And the only way to stop is complete abstinence. Some people can drinking normally but I can't. And that's it. That's life. Get on with it and stay sober. I can't go on like this. I've prattled on enough for now. I'm back, baby.